I can’t stick to a plan for reading. Why? Because I read according to my mood. However, I like to keep trying. Maybe someday I will be able to do it!
This year I want to stick to the 19th century as much as possible with my Classics Club reads. I’m not saying I won’t stray from the list, but I’m feeling a bit old fashioned today so these are winning out.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- The Red and the Black by Stendhal
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- Waverly by Sir Walter Scott
However, my main goal is to tackle a lot of science fiction and fantasy books this year. I’ll talk about that in a different post. But, a few of the newer contenders being published this year (2014) that I want to grab and will definitely be reading!:
- The Book of Life (#3 in All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness
- Words of Radiance (#2 in Stormlight Archive) by Brandon Sanderson
- The Crimson Campaign (#2 in Powder Mage Trilogy) by Brian McClellan
- Skin Game (#15 in Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher
- Magician’s Land (#3 in Magician’s Trilogy) by Lev Grossman
After that…well, we’ll have to see.